Saturday, December 18, 2010

Decision time

It has been a long fall and it is decision time. This is the point of no return, the point where it is do or die, the time to decide if the sacrifice is worth it. I've trained really hard this fall in the weight room and been focused on my diet. My body weight is the lowest it has been in over 10 years while my strength levels remain where they were when I was 25lbs bigger. That is a good thing, right? Maybe I will finally have the speed breakthrough that I have been missing for years. Competing this year will require continued sacrifices, 4:30am workouts, blood, sweat and tears. Because of my job I will need to continue with my graduate degree... four nights a week. On top of working full time and trying to maintain some sense of mental sanity it will be a tough road to continue to pursue the dream from years ago. I CAN function on 5 or less hours of sleep if need be, I've proven that this fall. I AM capable of getting quality lifting sessions in before work then functioning effectively as an administrator for 8 hours. Physically I am ready, mentally I have been discovering new strength that I didn't know that I had within myself. I have proved to myself morning after grueling morning that I am capable of whatever I put my mind to. I now choose to put my mind to throw, to throw for me, to throw for the right reasons. And most importantly to throw to the best of my ability. This decision is not weighed lightly. It is going to be a difficult road, but I have my sights set on my goal. I have one purpose for this season; to throw the Olympic A standard. Anything beyond that will be considered gravy. Making a team is not essential, but setting my throw up for success in 2012 is. Here's to blood, sweat and tears and most importantly, determination for 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Hey everyone my new post can be found at
    kriskos2focus.blogspot.com
    thanks for the support

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://circlerunner.blogspot.com/
    Hi Krista please check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete