Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Proud Wife

I have to take a minute to brag about my husband Derek. I just got word tonight after my training session that he has been named the REGIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR!!! And to top it off, Walter has been named the REGIONAL ATHLETE OF THE YEAR! I guess you can say that they make a good team! Lol. I am very pleased that others in the coaching community recognize the hard work and dedication to Track and Field that these two have. And I'm not just saying that because I'm married to one of them. Derek is a grounded coach who is constantly learning, listening and open to others knowledge and is able to adjust his coaching to fit his athletes. Walter is the hardest working athlete that I know, focused and inspirational (as well as determined). In addition to training Walter, Derek has also just found out last night that his number two NON SCHOLARSHIP SOPHOMORE weight thrower Max Lauro qualified for NCAA's this weekend (yay!). This season Derek has had Walter, Max and two other men who rank in the top 10 all time at LSU. His women are writing the history books at LSU too, all four of his weight throwers posted personal best marks and are all listed as top ten in the history of LSU womens throws. Now I am even more fired up to head to Arkansas to watch the NCAA championships this weekend, I can't wait to see some LONG throws and BIG competition! Congrats boys, I'm proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment